Matthew Chamberlain Senior Associate
Senior Associate Matthew Chamberlain has worked as a trial lawyer with Law Offices of Mark Weinstein, P.C. since 2015, handling real estate transactions and real estate litigation. Matthew enjoys helping all types of people from all walks of life, counseling and advocating for his clients and getting them the best possible results. He is adept at taking legally and factually complex situations and navigating them with his clients, making the issues understandable so the clients can make the best decision.
Matthew is experienced in both real estate transactions and litigation. He has assisted both condemning authorities and property owners in eminent domain litigation and transactions. Matthew has extensive experience in assisting clients in obtaining marketable title in quiet title actions involving property obtained at tax sales, as well as recovering excess funds from tax sales.
His representative matters include:
- Defending a client from a Quiet Title lawsuit and successfully settling the matter with the client receiving a payout of half the sale price of the subject property.
- Successfully representing a client in a malpractice case against a closing attorney who failed to provide marketable title at closing to a residential property.
- Representing numerous property owners whose property was taken or damaged by Georgia counties, municipalities or other local governments by condemnation, inverse condemnation, trespass, negligent construction, negligent engineering, nuisance, and continual nuisance.
- Retrieving excess funds for numerous clients despite varying clouds on title.
- Providing numerous clients with marketable title to property purchased by tax sale.
He graduated from University of Kentucky with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science in 2010. He earned his law degree from Emory University School of Law in 2015 along with a Transactional Law Certificate.
Outside of the office, Matthew enjoys running and hiking.
- Eminent Domain
- Real Estate Litigation
- Tax Sales and Excess Funds
- Quiet Title and Title Defects
- Professional Liability in Real Estate Matters
- Civil Litigation
- Law Offices of Mark Weinstein, PC
- Senior Associate
- September 2015 – present
- Emory University School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2015
- Transactional Law Certificate
- University of Kentucky, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, 2010
- Georgia, 2015
- State Bar of Georgia