Matthew is an experienced real estate lawyer, or “dirt lawyer” as he prefers to say. Matthew is experienced in both real estate transactions and litigation. He has assisted both condemnors and property owners in eminent domain litigation and transactions. Matthew has extensive experience in assisting clients in obtaining marketable quiet title actions involving property obtained at tax sales, as well as recovering excess funds from tax sales. Matthew started with the Law Offices of Mark Weinstein, PC shortly after graduating from Emory Law in 2015.
- Eminent Domain
- Real Estate Litigation
- Tax Sales and Excess Funds
- Quiet Title and Title Defects
- Professional Liability in Real Estate Matters
Admitted to Practice:
- University of Kentucky, B.A., 2010
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 2015
- Defended a client from a Quiet Title lawsuit and successfully settled the matter with the client receiving a payout of half the sale price of the subject property.
- Successfully represented a client in a malpractice case against a closing attorney who failed to provide marketable title at closing to a residential property.
- Represented numerous property owners whose property was taken or damaged by various Georgia Counties by condemnation, inverse condemnation, trespass, negligent construction, negligent engineering, nuisance, and continual nuisance.
- Retrieved excess funds for numerous clients despite varying clouds on title.
- Provided numerous clients with marketable title to property purchased by tax sale.